The interior design project is ready. It’s time to choose a material for painting. Modern manufacturers offer a wide range of finishing coatings. But the most affordable and at the same time practical option for many years is considered to be acrylic or acrylic-latex based emulsion paint.
This paint has a lot of advantages that allow you to use it in the bedroom. She is:
• dries quickly;
• harmless to humans and the environment;
• has no sharp peculiar smell;
• allows walls to “breathe”;
• not afraid of high humidity and resistant to mechanical damage.
In addition, it can be given any tone or shade – to do this, it is enough to add a suitable color pigment to the colorless composition. At the same time, it is recommended to dilute all the paint at once, since there is no guarantee that a second time it will be possible to achieve 100% identical shade.
Choosing paint it is necessary to take into account the fact that after drying its color becomes lighter, slightly changes the shade.
Painting the walls is not only fashionable and beautiful, but also the simplest option for decorating the walls in the bedroom. Therefore, all the work is quite possible to do their own hands without the help of professional painters. But here, the main thing is to remember that the most impressive and correct any painting composition will look only on perfectly smooth walls.
Bedroom paint color ideas
The bedroom is a special place in the house where peace, comfort and peace should prevail. That is why the design of the interior of the bedroom should be approached with special care.
The color value in the interior
In fact, this is a whole science – to choose the right color, choose the right combinations and place accents. After all, how well and harmoniously decorated the interior of the bedroom depends on how its inhabitants will feel in it.
When choosing colors for the walls in the bedroom, it is important to remember that all shades have a different effect on the mood and sometimes on the well-being of the person. Proved that:
• Green and yellow make you feel calmer, reduce fatigue, relax. In addition, surrounded by green and yellow shades a person becomes much more optimistic.
• Beige and pastel shades of yellow are shades of comfort and peace of mind that contribute to the search for compromises in controversial issues.
• Turquoise – gives a feeling freshness and lightness.
• Blue – improves sleep, bringing with it peace and a sense of peace. But it must be “diluted” with bright accents in order not to get a “cold” room.
• Orange – is associated with warmth and comfort, contributes to improving the tone and stimulation of the active areas of the brain.
• White is calm, light and clean. However, a large amount of white in the interior makes the room cold and too “sterile”.
• The black. The excessive use of this color will make the brightest room gloomy and gloomy. However, in most interiors it is used for graphic types.
• Gray – able to give the room a business look.
At the same time, light pastel colors are able to add light to a room and visually expand its borders, dark ones, on the contrary, narrow space.
Variants of combinations
One of the trends in the design of a room for sleeping and rest is the principle of “3 colors”, which involves painting walls in three different colors. Their combinations can be:
• Monochrome – with the use of several tint variants of one primary color. For example, brick-red and burgundy accents on a pastel-pink background.
• Related. This option involves a combination of closely spaced colors. For example, the interior is in blue-violet-pink tones or in green-yellow-blue color.
• Contrast, built on color contrasting. For example, black and white.
Choosing the color to paint the walls, designers advise to use a special table, according to which:
• White goes well with any other colors, but it looks especially good with all pastel shades, gray, gold and in contrast with black.
• Gray. The most profitable “neighborhood” options – with
yellow, red, orange, green, blue, white, purple additions. But with brown and gold it is better not to use it.
• Orange. It is harmoniously combined with any color, but most effectively – with brown, green, violet, pink and blue.
• Yellow. It is used most often in combination with various shades of brown, orange, green, white, gray, violet, but it can be in harmony with other colors.
• Pink. Ideal combinations with white, beige, gray, blue tones and any pastel shades.
Independently developing ideas for the design of the bedroom walls, in addition to color combinations, it is important to consider:
• Dimensions and shape of the room. In small rooms you should prefer light shades that will visually expand the space.
• Design of other elements of the room (furniture, ceiling, floor).
• The location of the bedroom relative to the cardinal points (for the southern pick up the colder color palette, and for the north – warm colors).
• Number and arrangement of windows (the less natural light, the brighter the wall color should be).
And, of course, their own preferences and lifestyle of the owners.
Harmony of color and style
Creating a design room where they usually spend most of their time, professionals recommend taking into account the stylistic orientation. Each style has its own rules and preferences:
• Provence “loves” light pink, milky and blue tones;
• Eco-style to swamp and brown;
• Baroque prefers pastel shades;
• in the classics, the presence of white is obligatory;
• hi-tech is unthinkable without gray, black and white;
• minimalism welcomes a contrasting combination of black and white;
• sand, light shades of yellow and brown are suitable for country music.
However, to create your own unique interior rules can sometimes be broken – fashion trends welcome the combination of incongruous and unusual decisions.
When decorating walls in a country house or apartment, many try to avoid boring bright images. And designers consider this approach to design the right one – for harmony and
well-being in the room must be present bright accents that will emphasize the central furnishings.
In the bedroom, the main element is the bed, so the emphasis is most often placed on the wall behind its headboard. To do this, use bright colors, contrasting with other surfaces, paintings or unusual design.
Correctly choose the option to design the bedroom will help the original design solutions offered by professionals in their field:
• Spacious rooms for sleeping and relaxing with dark brown walls, partially covered with lighter furniture and decorative elements will look aesthetically and harmoniously. As an option, only a single section or one wall is painted in dark brown. The remaining wall surfaces are made in the same color, but in its lighter shades.
• Another option is gray or beige paint the walls, on which caused bright flashes of other colors. Instead of color accents, various decorative components are also used.
• A small bedroom with an insufficiently bright natural light will change if it is made in white, creating accents in the form of paintings or panels in a minimalist style.
The number of design “secrets” of fashionable design of bedrooms also includes horizontal stripes, which contribute to a visual increase in space, textured paint (for decorative plaster) and many other options.
Bathroom paint color ideas
Painting the walls in the bathroom – the most economical and rather attractive way to bring the bathroom in order. Many people believe that this design is not “rich” enough, hinting that the landlord does not have enough money to make a “normal” repair of the walls and ceiling with tiles or tiles. However, this is not at all the case. And painted bathroom walls can look stylish, protect the surface from water splashes, and sometimes represent real works of art – such as in the case of painting. The article will consider the features of painting the walls in the bathroom.
Features and benefits
Consider what are the characteristic features and advantages of such an interesting design as painting walls in the bathroom.
Painting is now gradually displacing tile. This trend came, like everyone else, from Western countries, where such a technique is very common. It is for the bathroom that it became possible due to the appearance of water-based paints, which are not afraid of moisture.
Despite the skepticism of our compatriots to paint the walls, this design is able to look quite stylish and fashionable. It is not necessary to paint the walls and the ceiling surface of the bathroom with a terrible blue or green paint of a dark shade resembling the walls of hospitals. Now the choice of paint is so wide that you can choose and peach, and yellow, and orange, and any other attractive shades.
The paint is inexpensive and easy to use. It creates a smooth, uniform surface that is easy to keep in order, wiping from time to time with a damp cloth and removing dirty splashes.
Painted walls and the surface of the ceiling allow us to make the design of the bathroom truly creative and original. The tile, even the most wonderful and expensive, is already a bit tired, but interesting coloring is a newer trend, and there are many possibilities here.
After all, you can not just paint all the walls and the ceiling in a uniform color, but use paint of different colors, draw pictures on the walls, patterns, ornaments, even whole pictures.
If there is no desire or opportunity to spend too much on repairing a bathroom, then painting the walls and ceiling is the most suitable way to quickly put the room in order.
The paint looks very original, especially in contrast with the usual and ordinary tile.
Having considered all the advantages of painting the walls in the bathroom, it is now necessary to note the disadvantages of this design.
Although the bathroom and paint the most resistant to moisture paints, however, to complete the reliability of this coating is still far. In terms of moisture resistance, painting the walls in the bathroom is still much inferior to the usual tile. Therefore, it is recommended to paint the walls in the bathroom only if the room is well dried and ventilated. Otherwise, problems with fungus, mold, dampness of the walls, and the loss of their appearance can not be avoided.
Painted walls are quite sensitive to mechanical damage. It will be necessary to carry out the care very carefully – not to scratch and not to press hard, otherwise the fragile coating may peel off.
Incorrectly chosen paint can give the room a bathroom a rustic look. That is why it is very important to level the walls before painting to a perfect state – an uneven painted surface causes sad associations and does not make due impression.
What paint to choose
We will understand what type of paint to stop when repairing a bathroom.
This type of coating is more stable than the matte version. However, glossy types of paint too highlight the existing flaws of the walls – any crack, hole or bump will be visible. Therefore it is recommended to paint with such paint only perfectly smooth surfaces.
This paint looks great, capable of providing a stylish and modern design. It is less stable than glossy, however, it compensates for its decorative and beautiful appearance.
If you want to get an interesting, unusual painted wall surface, then use textured or textured paint. Its rough surface creates the impression of uneven, rough walls. This design looks decorative and original. With the help of textured putty, you can achieve that the walls will look beautiful, moreover, such a textured surface will help to hide the existing defects of the walls – something that is not able to provide the usual even paint.
Styles of interior and bathroom painting
Consider how different types of coloring fit into the most popular interior styles and make sure to pick the best interior paint for this project.
• Classic. Painting surfaces in this case is great. Classic style welcomes such a design and looks good in this case.
• High tech. Painted walls and ceiling surface fit very well in this popular and trendy style. It is recommended in this case to choose the paint of cold, strict shades – all shades of gray and blue are perfect. On such a surface, weightless shelves made of tempered glass will look especially good.
• Provence. This original style of the French village looks harmonious if you paint the bath in the appropriate colors. Delicate pastel pink, blue, lilac, yellowish and beige are great. Paint for the ceiling and walls in this case is better to use matte. Drawn ornaments will also do. The best design looks with floral motifs.
• Retro. Painted with bright or unusual paint surfaces perfectly fit into the interior of the apartment, decorated in the spirit of pop art or art deco. In this case, drawings in the form of comics or cheerful, cheerful pictures also look good. Before you choose something though, please do your research on interior paint reviews and pick something that will last as long as possible.